Visiting Our Websites
You can browse our Websites without providing any personal or individually identifiable information. You also may be able to set your browser to reject cookies, however the Websites may be less functional for you. There are times when you may choose to give us personally identifiable information about you. For example, you may wish to register to receive e-mails, newsletters, or event invites through our Website. We need certain information from you to register, authenticate, and process your entries and payments, where necessary.
Type of Information We Collect
We collect information that you voluntarily give us, as well as Site Visitorship Data, on the Websites. Site Visitorship Data is information about the way a website is used that is not associated with an individual’s identity. We use aggregate anonymous data regarding online behavior to better understand how people use our Websites. To that end, we may use aggregated, anonymous online traffic behavior along with information from third parties to track usage trends and thereby improve our Websites. The kind of information we may collect includes:
your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
the name of your company or Internet Service Provider
the pages visited on our sites;
the links clicked on our sites;
any products or services you review;
the features used;
how long a visitor stays; and
the domain name of the sites from which visitors connect to our Websites and the sites to which visitors connect through our service. Most Site Visitorship Data is collected using data collection tools such as web beacons, cookies, embedded web links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools. We use Site Visitorship Data to develop, manage, and improve the Websites. Sometimes we may aggregate Site Visitorship Data with personally identifiable information from registered members. We may use that information to:
- manage the Websites;
- help resolve problems;
- analyze use of the sites; and
- notify you about services that we, our third party marketing partners, and members may offer from time-to-time.
We may recommend or require the use of encryption technologies for certain types of communications conducted through the Websites. While we may provide those technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not guarantee that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
Disclosure of Information
Control Group will not release any personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent except as follows:
Anyone providing us their personally identifiable information grants Control Group and its affiliates, the right to use their information internally without restrictions for the purposes of, but not limited to, research, marketing, and content and lead development.
We may disclose information collected on the Websites, including personally identifiable information, to third parties as required or permitted by law. For example, we may disclose information:
- to regulators;
- to law enforcement authorities who subpoena it;
- to vendors who provide us with service; or
- to companies that may acquire part or all of an affiliated company. Control Group is not responsible for the protection of the information you provide to other websites. You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information on other websites, such information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited communications.
- Select the e-mail “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication.
- Where applicable, return to the Web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
- E-mail us. Be sure to provide your name, email and postal address, and specific relevant information about the particular service you no longer wish to receive. Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from us where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.
Hyperlinks and Referrals
Notice and Choice
We obtain personal information only as permitted by the Safe Harbor Principles or with the consent of the individual affected. We may ask for your consent to collect, use, and/or disclose personal information in certain ways, and you may be required to give your consent in order to use the website or our services. Individuals will be provided clear and conspicuous, readily available, and affordable mechanisms to exercise choice. To the extent permitted under the Safe Harbor, we reserve the right to process personal information in the course of providing services through the Website without the knowledge of individuals involved. California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 233 Broadway, 21st Floor, New York, NY 10279.
Security & Enforcement
It is important for us to know what visitors have to say about our Websites. To contact us with your questions or comments please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.